Have you been left with complications from surgery, like noticeable scars or sternum instability? Have you suffered trauma or injury to the body such as a hernia that requires reconstructive surgery? Atlantic Surgical Associates in West Long Branch, New Jersey, offers a wide variety of reconstructive body procedures. We welcome patients in Ocean, Essex, and Monmouth counties to our office.
What is Reconstructive Body Surgery?
Reconstructive body surgery is a specialized area of plastic surgery focusing on improving the appearance and function of structures of the body due to trauma, tumors, developmental abnormalities, and disease. Reconstructive surgery may also be used to restore a more normal appearance following cancer treatments or emergency surgery that left very noticeable scars.
How Much Does Body Surgery Cost?
The cost of your reconstructive procedure will depend on the type of surgery and other factors. During your consultation, Dr. Volshteyn will create a treatment plan based on your injury type and location. At this point, we can provide a cost for your treatment and help you better understand your insurance coverage. Learn more about what to expect and options for paying for treatment on our plastic surgery financing page.
What Reconstructive Body Surgeries Do You Perform?
At Atlantic Surgical Associates, we perform many types of reconstructive procedures of the body to treat trauma, wounds, and conditions such as soft tissue injuries and lipomas.
- Hernia Repair
- Dr. Volshteyn works closely with general surgeons to repair hernias during cosmetic procedures.
- Hidranenitis Suppurativa/Acne Inversa
- We perform surgical, laser, and medical treatments for hidranenitis suppurativa (HS).
- Atlantic Surgical Associates performs several types of lipoma treatments including Lipodissolve injections, liposuction, and surgical removal.
- Open Wounds
- Dr. Volshteyn specializes in the treatment of open wounds and serves as an on-call trauma surgeon for many local trauma centers and hospitals.
- This surgical procedure removes fat deposits from the abdomen and reshapes sagging skin with more dramatic results than a tummy tuck.
- Penetrating Trauma of the Extremities
- Dr. Volshteyn specializes in microsurgery techniques to treat penetrating trauma from gunshots, knives, and other types of injury.
- Scar Revision
- Scar revision treatments at Atlantic Surgical Associates can improve the location and appearance of scars following surgery, trauma, and skin disorders to make them less noticeable.
- Skin Lumps and Bumps
- We treat a wide variety of skin bumps and lumps such as cysts, lipomas, hemangiomas, and sebaceous legions.
- Soft Tissue Injury
- Dr. Volshteyn specializes in microsurgery to repair overuse and acute soft tissue injuries.
- Sports Hernia Treatment
- At Atlantic Surgical Associates, we perform surgical repair of sports hernias.
- Sternum/Breastbone Stabilization
- Dr. Volshteyn performs breastbone stabilization to repair a complication of open heart surgery or injury after a car accident.
Dr. Volshteyn has completed a fellowship in microsurgery and works as an on-call trauma plastic surgeon for many local trauma centers and hospitals. If you are seeking emergency treatment for body trauma, call our office right away. You can also contact us to schedule a consultation at our office in West Long Branch, New Jersey. We welcome patients from the surrounding areas of New Brunswick, East Brunswick, and Staten Island, NY.